FMWhatsApp is possibly the best WhatsApp modification available today, and is now undoubtedly the true heir to the former king among modifications, WhatsApp PLUS, with hundreds of extra options over the original application, both in terms of privacy and customization.
It owes its peculiar name to its developer, Fouad Mokdad, hence FMWhatsApp, and actually this modification is Fouad WhatsApp, the same one, only because the second installation package is called com.fmwhatsapp, many ended up “nicknaming” it that way.
As we have already mentioned, FMWhatsApp is Fouad WhatsApp, and vice versa, so the features are the same, i.e. hundreds of them, where the ones aimed at privacy, application customization and other extra functions added over the original application stand out.
Regarding the privacy modifications we can find all kind of options, all of them very interesting, like entering the application without being seen or appearing online, thus becoming totally invisible when reading messages or seeing states, or the option that the ticks become blue only when we answer.
As for the customization of FMWhatsApp we have to say that we can customize everything, we can even download themes, there are thousands of them, to achieve a unique and original WhatsApp. For example, we can edit the font type, ticks, bubbles, notifications, etc.
In addition to all this, we will also find extra features such as the ability to lock the application with a pattern, fingerprint or pin, send images without losing quality, send much larger media files, states with more characters, and a long etc. that we can find within the modification.
News on FMWhatsApp 8.45
The latest available version of the modification is version 8.45, a version that uses WhatsApp for Android version 22.214.171.124 as its base, which adds the ability to make video calls or group calls with up to 8 participants, as well as a few really cool new features.
The complete list of new features we can find in FMWhatsApp 8.45 is the following:
- Version 8.45:
- [Added] Enable Chats/Groups separate without IG Stories
- [Fixed] Messages Delay
- [Fixed] Group tab unread counter flickering
- [Fixed] Broadcast icon not showing on broadcast messages
- [Fixed] Hide Blue Microphone not working
- [Fixed] Status Seen/Unseen color not working in Status page
- [Fixed] Hide View Status in Custom Privacy
- [Fixed] Crash when setting Wallpaper in Chat/Group
- [Fixed] One UI tab title shows when switching pages
- [Fixed] One UI Title showing twice sometimes
- [Disabled] Swipe Row by default
- Version 8.40:
- [Base] Base 126.96.36.199
- [Added] Exclusive One UI Design
- [Added] New Default Theme (Light/Night)
- [Added] New styles for IG Story
- [Added] New UI for adding a status from IG Story
- [Added] New UI design for Bottom Bar Styles
- [Added] New UI for activating options (airplane mode, light/night mode)
- [Added] Animate name in header when it is too long
- [Added] Animate Airplane icon when turned ON to alert you
- [Added] Color options for IG Story elements
- Fixed Contact Pic not showing when sending media in groups
- [Fixed] Airplane and Light/Night mode icon not hiding in Groups tab
- [Fixed] Bottom bar styles not working correctly RTL
- [Updated] Translations
- [Note] In-conversations translate feature now requires (Google Translate) App to be installed
How to Install or Update
To install FMWhatsApp for the first time on our Android device we have to follow a series of really simple steps:
- Make a local backup, Google Drive’s are not good for WhatsApp MODs. Go to “Settings > Chats > Backup” and click on Save.
- Uninstall the WhatsApp or other modification you have installed on the number where you want to install FMWhatsApp.
- Activate the option to install applications from unknown sources. Go to Phone Settings > Security.
- Download the package or APK you want to install, depending on where you want to install it.
- Click on the package or APK to start the installation.
- Do NOT click on Restore on the first installation screen, wait to verify the number to restore the backup.
- Write name or nick and that’s it.
If instead you want to update FMWhatsApp, then it’s easier, since you don’t have to uninstall or activate anything. Just download the same package you have installed and click on it to install it.
To identify the name of the FMWhatsApp package, in case you don’t remember, go to “Menu (3 points) > Settings > Help > Application information”. It is displayed like this:
- Fouad Whatsapp = com.whatsapp
- FMWhatsApp = com.fmwhatsapp
- FmWhatsApp2 = com.gbwhatsapp
- YoWhatsApp = com.yowhatsapp
To download FMWhatsApp we have up to 4 different packages or APK, depending on where you want to install it. So, if you want to install it as your main WhatsApp account number, then you should download the com.whatsapp package. If you prefer to install it as an extra number, you will need another SIM,. then download any of the other 3 packages.
Below are the download links: