GBWhatsApp is one of the most popular modifications of all times, along with WhatsApp PLUS, and it became so popular that almost all modifications were based on it, thanks to its high quality and new features that added update after update.
To this day, the original project has been discontinued, although its original developer is close to releasing “something new”. Its current developer is SamMods, well known in this world of modifications for “continuing” with already discontinued projects.
Right now GBWhatsApp is a “remod” of Fouad WhatsApp, it is completely based on it, so it inherits all the features of the latter, although with the last update SamMods has started to include features that we will not find in the current Fouad.
Of course, GBWhatsApp has all the privacy and customization options you can imagine, plus many extra features, especially related to sending multimedia and creating and downloading states. Here is a good summary of its features:
- Based on WhatsApp for Android 184.108.40.206 ( Play Store ).
- Support for calls.
- Message scheduler.
- Automatic answer.
- Broadcast messages to groups.
- Emojis changer!
- Zoom for profile pictures.
- Privacy changes: Hide “last seen”.
- Theme mods and theme server (to download/apply themes).
- Modification of ticks/bubbles.
- Counter statistics for the group.
- Preview of unloaded media.
- Show online/last seen on main screen.
- Increase video size by sending from 16 MB to 30 MB.
- Image sending increases from 10 images to 90.
- Increase status words from 139 characters to 250.
- Ability to proceed with links on the chat screen without saving the sender’s variety or the cluster manager’s variety.
- Ability to click on the links in your friends’ status without effort.
- The ability to identify between traditional and broadcast messages.
- Hide name and date while viewing another chat user.
- Copy and paste the status.
- Added more support for docs pdf, xls, txt, doc, ppt, vcard, xlsx, txt, rtf, docx, pptx, and zip files.
New in GBWhatsApp 10.80
With the latest version 10.80 many interesting features have been added, most notably the new base with which we can now make calls and video calls of up to 8 participants, performance improvements and several bug fixes found in the previous version.
The full list of new features in GBWhatsApp 10.80 is as follows:
- Version 10.80:
- [Base] 220.127.116.11
- [Added] New attachment picker
- [Added] Option to enable/disable new attachment UI (FMMods > Conversation)
- [Added] Animation to new attachment
- [Added] 5 Entries Style
- [Added] 16 Bubble Style
- [Added] 14 Ticks Style
- [Added] “NEW” word next to new entries/ticks/bubbles
- [Added] Option to Remove “Read More…” and show long messages completely
- [Added] Option to change Online Toast Location (FMMods > Home)
- [Fixed] One UI rotate issue
- [Fixed] “Room” option in new attachment UI. If FB Messenger is not installed, the icon will switch to Camera.
- [Fixed] Status tab has number. Changed to dot only
- [Fixed] Unread counter issue (ex. calls)
- [Fixed] Custom Wallpaper
- [Fixed] Location attachment crash
- [Fixed] Some crashes
- [Fixed] Other minor things
- [Removed] “increase forward limit to 250” option
- [Improved] Added note when downloading themes to check dark/light mode
- [Misc] Many other fixes and improvements that we forgot :p
- [Misc] Enjoy and discover by yourself!
- Version 10.70:
- [Added] Invisible DND Button
- [Extend] Extend Expiry date
- [Fixed] Fix Some Bugs
- Version 10.60:
- [Base] Base 18.104.22.168
- [Added] Enable Chats/Groups separate without IG Stories
- [Added] Exclusive One UI Design
- [Added] New Default Theme (Light/Night)
- [Added] New styles for IG Story
- [Added] New UI for adding a status from IG Story
- [Added] New UI design for Bottom Bar Styles
- [Added] New UI for activating options (airplane mode, light/night mode)
- [Added] Animate name in header when it is too long
- [Added] Animate Airplane icon when turned ON to alert you
- [Added] Color options for IG Story elements
- [Fixed] Messages Delay
- [Fixed] Group tab unread counter flickering
- [Fixed] Broadcast icon not showing on broadcast messages
- [Fixed] Hide Blue Microphone not working
- [Fixed] Status Seen/Unseen color not working in Status page
- [Fixed] Hide View Status in Custom Privacy
- [Fixed] Crash when setting Wallpaper in Chat/Group
- [Fixed] One UI tab title shows when switching pages
- [Fixed] One UI Title showing twice sometimes
- [Fixed] Contact Pic not showing when sending media in groups
- [Fixed] Airplane and Light/Night mode icon not hiding in Groups tab
- [Fixed] Bottom bar styles not working correctly RTL
- [Disabled] Swipe Row by default
- [Updated] Translations
- [Note] In-conversations translate feature now requires (Google Translate) App to be installed
- Version 10.55:
- [Extend] Extend Expiry Date
- [Added] Added Message Scheduler (We do not recommend using it for banning purposes)
- [Added] Added Message Auto Reply (We do not recommend using it for banning purposes)
- [Added] Broadcast Message To Group (We do not recommend using it for banning purposes)
- [Fixed] Fix Link Open
- [Fixed] Fix Themes Apply
- [Fixed] Fix the appearance of errors in some devices
- [Misc ] Other improvements and fixes
- Version 10.40:
- [Added] Proxy VPN
- [Added] More Icons
- [Fixed] Fix Privacy
- [Improvement] Performance and speed of application
- [Fixed] Fix the appearance of errors in some devices
- [Fixed] Other improvements and fixes
How to Install or Update
It is important that you read carefully the installation steps to follow if you want to install GBWhatsApp for the first time:
- Back up our conversations in Settings > Chats > Backup” and click on “Save” (Do not backup to Google Drive).
- We uninstall the WhatsApp or modification that we have installed in the number where we want to install.
- If we do not already have the option to install applications from unknown sources enabled, we activate it from Phone Settings > Security.
- Download the package or APK you want to install and click on it.
- DO NOT RESTORE on the first screen of installation, we restore the backup after verifying our number.
- We introduce our nick or name and that’s it.
If you want to update GBWhatsApp then the steps are much easier, since you simply have to download the same package you have installed and install it in a normal way, without deleting anything before, although it is advisable to make a backup before.
To download GBWhatsApp in its latest version we have 2 different packages or APK, so we will download one or the other depending on where we want to install them. If we want to install the application as a main number then we will download the package com.whatsapp, if we want it as an extra number we will download the package com.gbwhatsapp.
Below are the download links for both packages: