Redmi has finally made its K30 Pro and K30 Pro Zoom versions official, completing the K30 series already presented several months ago. The two high-end cameras have almost identical specifications, with the only differences represented by the presence of a fourth 8 MP camera with 3X telephoto lens in the K30 Pro Zoom (replaced by a macro of the standard model) and the possibility of choosing up to 256GB of internal memory UFS 3.1, always in Zoom.
In addition, these are two true high-end cameras from the early 2020s, equipped with the Qualcomm Snapdragon 865 SoC (kept at bay by a steam chamber-based dissipation system), up to 8GB of LPDDR5 RAM, support for video recording of up to 8K at 24/30fps, a rear compartment with 4 cameras – 64 Megapixel main sensor – and a 4700mAh battery with support for rapid recharging at 33W.
Redmi continues to adopt the pop-up camera from the K30 Pro range (a 20 megapixel unit in this case), thus offering a 6.67-inch AMOLED FullHD+ Samsung screen with no notches or holes. Unfortunately, the panel doesn’t have a high refresh rate, but offers 180Hz touch sampling. We also found the 3.5 mm audio connector and full support for 5G SA and NSA connectivity, although it is not clear if the device supports stereo audio (but it is certified as Hi-Res Audio).
Redmi K30 PRO (ZOOM) – Features
The complete list of specifications is as follows:
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 865 octa core at 7nm FPP
- Adreno 650 GPU
- 6.67 inch AMOLED
- Resolution 2400 x 1080 pixels
- HDR10+, contrast 5,000,000:1, support 100% DCI-P3, sRGB, maximum brightness 1,200 nits, typical 500 (800 in high brightness mode)
- Gorilla Glass 5 protection, 180Hz touch screen sampling
- RAM: 6GB LPDDR4X / 8GB LPDDR5
- Storage: 128GB UFS 3.0 (only in version 6/128, 8/128GB uses 3.1), 256GB UFS 3.1 for the Zoom.
- Rear: 64 MegaPixel main sensor 1/1.7″ with OIS and 7P + 13 MegaPixel ultra-wide 123° lens, + 2 MegaPixel depth sensor + 5 MP sensor with optics
- macro (K30 Pro)/ 8 MP sensor with up to 30X hybrid and 3x optical zoom, OIS, 4-axis stabilized EIS (K30 Pro Zoom)
- Front: 20 MegaPixel pop-up, 120 fps (720p) slow motion support
- Video: up to 8K 24/30 fps, 4K 60/30 fps, slow motion up to 960 fps 1080p
- Connectivity: 5G SA/NSA, VoLTE, Dual SIM, Bluetooth 5.1, WiFi 6, USB-C, NFC, Dual Frequency GPS, IR sensor
- Battery: 4,700 mAh quick charge stand at 33Wh
- Dimensions and weight:
- 163.3 x 75.4 x 8.9 mm
- 218 grams
- Others: 3.5mm audio jack, under-screen fingerprint sensor, high resolution audio
- Android 10 operating system with MIUI 11 interface
Price and Availability
The Redmi K30 Pro is offered at 2,999 yuan (about 392 euros) for the 6/128GB cut (LPDDR4X and UFS 3.0 respectively), while it goes for 3,399 yuan (about 445 euros) for the 8/128GB cut (LPDDR5 and UFS 3.1). The Redmi K30 Pro Zoom version starts at 3,799 yuan (about ?497) for 8/128GB and 3999 yuan (about ?523) for 8/256GB.
- Redmi K30 Pro 6GB + 128GB: 2999 yuan (about 426 dollars or 392 euros)
- Redmi K30 Pro 8GB + 128GB: 3399 yuan (484 USD / 445 EUR)
- Redmi K30 Pro 8GB + 256GB: 3699 yuan (522 USD / 482 EUR.)
- Redmi K30 Pro Zoom Edition 8GB + 128GB: 3799 yuan (539 USD / 497 EUR)
- Redmi K30 Pro Zoom Edition 8GB+ 256GB: 3999 yuan (569 USD / 523 EUR)
Pre-orders will open on March 27th in China and the two Redmi K30 Pro are available in blue, purple, white and black.