Redmi Note 7 is the first smartphone of the new brand Redmi by Xiaomi, spin off of the Chinese company led by the new president Lu Weibing. Widely anticipated by the rumors of the last few days, not only that, since Xiaomi CEO Lei Jun himself had also shown it in a short video, the device offers technical specifications worthy of mention for the media band to which it belongs.
The photographic sector stands out, with the double rear camera of 48MP + 5MP that allows to obtain high resolution shots (the second sensor is dedicated to return the depth to the captured images). The 48MP sensor (does the MegaPixel race start again? see Honor View 20) can be used in two different modes:
- At maximum resolution with 0.8 microns of pixels, according to the company is an ideal solution for photos taken in good lighting conditions.
- When the scene is not well illuminated (interior, night photos) you can opt for a 12MP shot with pixels larger than 1.6 microns.
Redmi Note 7 – Technical Specifications
- OS: Android 9 Foot with MIUI 10
- 6.3 inch screen, 2340×1080 curved 2.5D LCD, 1500:1 contrast, 450 nits brightness, Corning Gorilla Glass 5
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 660 at 14nm (4x Kryo 260 @2.2GHz + 4x Kryo 260 @1.8GHz)
- GPU Adreno 512
- 3/4/6 GB RAM
- 32/64 GB internal memory, expandable up to 256 GB
- Dual SIM Hybrid
- 4000mAh battery with Quick Charge 4
- 13MP front camera
- 48MP+5MP dual rear camera, f/1.8 aperture, PDAF, EIS
- Fingerprint Sensor
- Infrared sensor
- 3.5 mm audio connector
- 4G LTE, WiFI 802.11ac, Bluetooth 5, GPS + GLONASS, USB Type C connectivity
Redmi Note 7 is offered in China in the colors Black, Blue and Purple at the following prices:
- 3/32 GB: 999 yuan (127 euros)
- 4/64 GB: 1199 yuan (153 euros)
- 6/64 GB: 1399 yuan (178 euros)